Setup Cloud Remote Desktop on my iPhone/iPad (2008R2 Platform) [Released pre-2016]
1. Download Microsoft Remote Desktop App
First we will download the application used to connect to the cloud. It is called Microsoft Remote Desktop App.
2. Create a new Cloud Remote Desktop Connection
2.3. Enter the Host Name
- Enter your hostname. For my example, I am using cbtr-rds.progressit.com.au (yours might be different, see explanation just below)
- Tap on Done
You should use the hostname that belongs to your company. Essentially you just need to change the first four letters (cbtr) to match your company name. Examples include:
2.4. Tap Settings
2.9. Save Gateway
The part where people go wrong is forgettiing to click Save on this screen.
If you have clicked on Gateway instead on this window, you will need to go back to Tap Gateway step and redo steps from there onwards.
2.10. Check Gateway
3. Connect Remote Desktop for the first time
You should now be able to see your connection in the connection list. Tap on the connection.
3.1. Enter your credentials
Your credentials will be in the form of PITC\ followed by your company code (in my case cbtr) followed by your First Initial followed by your Last Name in its entirety. Examples include:
So in this section you need to:
- Enter your User Name
- Enter your Password
- [Optional] Tap Store user name and password so it is saved. If you do this though and someone gets a hold of your iPad, they'll be able to get into your MYOB, CrossCheck, SAM or whatever else you have in your cloud. I would advise against saving credentials.
- Tap Done
3.2. Trust the identity of the computer
If you struggled with any part of this guide please let me know with some comments below.