Setup Cloud Remote Desktop on my Mac (2008R2 Platform)
Update your Mac
Unlike PCs, Mac App store from where you download most software for your Mac only plays nice if you have the latest version of Mac OSX installed. The current version as at the time of writing this article is Yosemite and the upgrade is free. It will take several hours to complete.
Buy Microsoft Remote Desktop App from the App Store
Pin the app to the Dock
Setup a New Connection called Remote Desktop
- Click on New to open up new connection
- Under Connection Name enter Remote Desktop
- Under PC Name enter your server name. It consists of your company code (for me trpt) followed by -rds.progressit.com.au. So I am entering trpt-rds.progressit.com.au. You should enter your server name which is different to mine.
- Enter your Username. For me it's PITC\trpt.afilipovic.
- Enter your Password
- Change the Colors to 16-bit.
- Click on Gateway and choose Add Gateway