Setup Cloud Remote Desktop on my iPhone/iPad (2012R2 Platform) [Released mid-2015 onwards]
1. Download Microsoft Remote Desktop App
First we will download the application used to connect to the cloud. It is called Microsoft Remote Desktop App.
2. Create a new Cloud Remote Desktop Connection
2.2. Enter Remote Resource Feed
2.3. Enter Username and Password
- Tap on User Name and Password
- Tap on Add User Account
- Enter your username. In this example, it is PITC\gens.alenard for username. Your username will be written on the ProgressIT Cloud card you received when you were connected.
- Enter your password.
- Tap Save to save Username and Password
- Tap Save to save the Connection
4. Change the mouse mode inside the connection
iPad and iPhone is designed not to have a pointer - your finger is your pointer and by default every touch on your Cloud Platform is considered a click.
It is much easier to navigate if you have a mouse, so to switch to mouse mode:
- Tap on the connection name on the top of the iPad/iPhone.
- Tap on the Mouse Pointer
That's it, you're ready to go!